LinkedIn engagement is an underappreciated building block in your client relationship. Corporate counsel treat every comment, like and celebration as a valued touchpoint.
This high quality connection adds to the foundational strength you already have — and serves as a credible first touchpoint for others. This makes the case — and is a compelling reason to invest in getting partners to actively support firm posts.
And — more than ½ of clients visit LinkedIn 2 to 3 times a day — it swamps website visits and searches.
These LinkedIn touchpoints generate enough connections to drive inbound leads and conversations. Active partners report more inbound opportunities since they elected to support firm LinkedIn activity.
Please join me in congratulating the following firms in leading all others in likes and celebrations per partner for the first quarter of 2023 — an especially active time.
We showcase the top firms in each size cohort below:
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Sullivan & Cromwell
Cravath, Swaine & Moore
Debevoise & Plimpton
Haynes and Boone
Schulte Roth & Zabel
Boies Schiller Flexner
Hughes Hubbard & Reed
Kobre & Kim
The overwhelming majority of the firms above are top performers in the BTI Client Service A-Team 2023: The Survey of Client Service Performance for Law Firms. Law firms with the best client service also enjoy more touchpoints with clients. This is one more way to up your client service game.
A few suggestions for getting partners to support posts from your firm’s LinkedIn page:
- Post the number of likes and comments monthly or weekly on an internal site — including history. This creates awareness and excitement in the process of watching and enlisting support
- Publish the names of the top LinkedIn engagers monthly or quarterly
- Ask all partners to suggest one topic for a firm LinkedIn post to get them involved — and learn about each other
- Offer a prize to the attorney, practice group, and office for the most likes and meaningful comments — try mixing this up and offer prizes for law school alumni groups
LinkedIn is still relatively new and novel to attorneys — but not so for clients. The attorneys making it a habit now can establish an overwhelming lead in gaining followers and connected relationships — a powerful setup for the next and much more difficult world of business development and client service to come.
Jump Ahead of the LinkedIn Business Development Curve
Only one source provides law firms with unique insights into exactly where they stand along key LinkedIn performance metrics including:
- LinkedIn Followers
- LinkedIn Followers per Partner
- Active Engagement Percentage Rates
- Engagement Touchpoints and Activities
- Engagement Touchpoints and Activities per Partner
- Monthly Posting Cadence
- Where you stand compared to law firms in your size cohort
Unleash Your Law Firm’s LinkedIn Potential
The BTI Benchmarking Law Firm LinkedIn Performance 2023: Unleashing the Power of LinkedIn is your gateway to this invaluable data, the most successful strategies, and the secret sauce to securing attorney support and engagement with your firm’s online presence. Don’t just keep up — jump ahead of the curve!
Ready to transform your law firm’s LinkedIn game? Click here to grab your copy of the report and embark on a journey to LinkedIn success.
Stay ahead, stay engaged, and stay successful on LinkedIn!