Improving was far from easy. Against a swirling tide with unpredictable surges these 60 law firms not only successfully navigate the waters — they gained substantial ground. They are outpacing others in the race to swim upstream.
Clients are deluged with workforce issues, regulatory changes, new compliance demands, and more litigation than most have ever seen. And this is the most interested CEOs have been in legal affairs for decades.
Every new demand makes delivering superior client service more than proportionally harder. This is what makes the 60 law firms able to improve client service so impressive. They swam upstream and made it to the top.
Please join me in congratulating the 60 firms improving in the face of a swirling set of new client demands.
We see 3 big takeaways in looking at these firms:
- Firms already in the best-performing ranks improved — they are relentless
- Small and mid-size firms are leveraging changes in client needs to boost client service and smooth the path for new business
- Selected large firms are climbing the ranks — illustrating the bifurcation of strategies and approaches to the market — the firms improving are investing in the face of uncertainty
The pervasive nature of today’s uncertainty is driving firms of all sizes to either invest more — or cut back to minimize expenses. Few firms are holding still.
The Great Financial Crisis, like 9/11, and the Dot.com bust all prove investing in client service pays big time.
Learn how your firm stacks up — where it improved and where it didn’t. Order your copy of the BTI Client Service A-Team 2023: Survey of Law Firm Client Service Performance, including:
- Point-by-point changes in every aspect of client service your clients care about
- Microscopic comparison of your firm to 8 competitors of your choice
This report is the only place you can learn exactly where your firm excels, improved, and where a competitor may have improved more — and recommends exactly what to do about it.
BTI has been helping our clients design and implement the most effective client service and business development programs in the world for 30 years. We welcome the opportunity to discuss how to improve your performance.
Best in the market ahead.
The Mad Clientist