Clients don’t think in terms of practices like law firms do—clients are always thinking about their business. Today’s legal decision makers want to understand what factors pose a threat to their business, industry, and their specific business objectives. Clients are now selecting law firms based on the firm’s industry knowledge. Are they choosing your firm?
By way of example, in Financial Services, top legal-decision makers recognize 24 law firms as having the best relationships—up from 18 last year. These large-spending clients have seen their needs change and expand. Many are trying to assess the impact of Brexit, cybersecurity, the Fiduciary rule, and the changing regulatory and interest environment. These clients have a deep appreciation for law firms who play the role of advisor, as well as attorney.
Financial Services clients use more law firms than most due to their diversity of need, but only 24 have achieved the ultimate relationship status of Clientopia—who are both core and recommended first.
You’ll find the 24 law firms with the strongest client relationships in the Financial Services industry from the just-released BTI Industry Power Rankings 2017 at the bottom of this post.
You can also see the law firms who are earning primary status and the recommendations by clients to their peers in 6 other top spending industries:
- The 16 Law Firms with the Strongest Client Relationships in the Big Spending Pharma Industry
- The 15 Law Firms Holding Fast at a Time of Great Uncertainty in the Health Care Industry
- The 5 Law Firms Finding Ways to Stand Out from the Crowd in the Food Industry
- 17 Law Firms Doing More Than Just Keeping Up with Their Clients in the High Tech Industry
- The 12 Law Firms Demonstrating Understanding of Their Clients Intricate Needs in the Real Estate Industry
- The 17 Law Firms Adapting to Powerful Changes Alongside Their Clients in the Energy Industry
And, the 24 Law Firms with the Strongest Client Relationships in Financial Services:
These 24 law firms with the strongest relationships—who are both core and recommended first in the Financial Services industry—are singled out by clients in the just-released BTI Power Rankings 2017:
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
- Blank Rome
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- Foley & Lardner
- Gibson Dunn
- Green & Hall
- Hudson Cook
- Jones Day
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
- Morgan Lewis
- Paul, Weiss
- Proskauer Rose
- Quinn Emanuel
- Reed Smith
- Reiferson Miller & Dee
- Simpson Thacher
- Wachtell Lipton
The firms named in these industries—along with those in 11 more industries—are drawn from our brand new report BTI Industry Power Rankings 2017: The Law Firms with the Best Client Relationships. Use the analysis and insight in this report to develop more Clientopia relationships with your clients and enjoy all the benefits of stronger relationships.